Get training from Apple experts, then become one yourself. Apple Technician Training courses give you valuable background knowledge and hands-on experience to support and troubleshoot Apple products, and prepare you for the Apple Service Certification exams. Once you pass the exams, you’ll have a competitive advantage in the job market as an Apple-certified service technician.
Apple Certified iOS Technician 2017
Apple Certified iOS Technician 2017
Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT) 2017 is a three-day course that enables participants to become certified to troubleshoot iPhone or iPad, and repair iPhone models at an Apple-authorized service facility.
Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT) 2017 is a three-day course that enables participants to become certified to troubleshoot iPhone or iPad, and repair iPhone models at an Apple-authorized service facility. Interactive discussions and hands-on exercises guide participants through the setup, navigation, features, and associated services of iOS devices. Participants also learn how to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair iOS devices. Participants’ knowledge and skills are tested and reinforced by working through real-world scenarios and hands-on labs.
Who should attend
This course is intended for anyone who wants to become certified to repair and troubleshoot iOS devices.
What you’ll learn
- Identify and explore the controls on various iOS devices and practice using them.
- Identify the iOS devices that have Apple-specific components, such as the Secure Element, the motion coprocessor, and the Taptic Engine.
- Describe the steps in the device setup and activation process, including any issues that might arise.
- List common resolutions for battery-related issues.
- Back up and sync iOS devices.
- Discuss how to use engaging questions to better troubleshoot a customer issue, including appropriate open and closed questions and overall logical question progression.
- Describe how to use the tools and resources that are available to evaluate the device and issue.
- Discuss specific questions that help to identify the problem category of a customer’s issue (educational, environmental, software, or hardware opportunities).
- Use Apple documentation, approved tools, and appropriate service strategies to safely repair iPhone 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, and 7 Plus.
- You must successfully complete the Apple Service Fundamentals exam (SVC-17A).
Introduction to Mobile Hardware
Participants explore how to differentiate between iOS devices and how to list general requirements and feature limitations based on hardware features.
iOS Activation and Setup
Participants learn to identify and troubleshoot the steps of the activation process, including setup, carrier unlocking, and SIM card alerts. They also learn how to handle interactions in the supportive and sensitive manner that defines Apple's world-class customer service.
Participants learn to communicate and partner with the customer to explain software settings that affect user information, cellular usage, and battery life.
iOS Backup and Syncing
Participants learn how to back up and sync an iOS device using either iTunes or iCloud.
Participants learn about the privacy settings and processes that allow iOS to secure data on iPhone and iPad.
iOS Service Guides, Diagnostics, and Troubleshooting
Participants identify proper troubleshooting steps and common myths. Participants also describe and use iOS diagnostics during troubleshooting to help position solutions and gain customer agreement.
Servicing all iPhones
Participants observe the proper ways to repair various iPhone models and then duplicate those steps themselves.
Participants learn about AirPort base station setup and troubleshooting.
Our Apple Technician Training courses and certification exams are routinely delivered at our training facility in St. Louis and are readily available for on-site delivery at your organization. Contact us >