iOS Deployment Essentials
iOS Deployment Essentials
iOS Deployment Essentials is a two-day course that provides students an opportunity to learn about the skills and knowledge needed to deploy iOS devices. Interactive discussions and hands-on exercises guide students through the configuration, management, and supervision of iOS devices.
Who should attend
- Technical sales professionals who assist customers in their decision to purchase iOS devices
- IT professionals who are responsible for deploying and managing iOS devices
- Define the role of Mobile Device Management (MDM), Volume Purchase Program (VPP), and Device Enrollment Program (DEP) in the successful deployment of iOS devices
- Identify and respond to challenges when deploying and managing devices without MDM
- Explain what an Apple ID is and identify when it’s needed
- Discuss how security is relevant in the context of a given deployment scenario
- Design and implement a deployment solution for a given scenario
- Configure DEP registered devices for over-the-air enrollment
- Configure and manage settings, apps, and content on user-owned and company-owned devices
Manual configuration: This lesson explores the challenges and inconsistencies when manually configuring multiple devices.
Configuration profiles: Students use Apple Configurator to view and edit a configuration profile, and learn how profiles ensure consistency across multiple devices.
Manage settings: This lesson introduces the iOS MDM protocol and explores how an MDM solution is used to configure and manage devices over-the-air with consistency and accountability.
Apps and content: This lesson introduces and defines VPP. Students assign apps and content to their user and then configure and test managed “open in” functionality.
Company-owned (personalized): Students configure settings to enable over-the-air enrollment and supervision, and learn how users can personalize company-owned devices.
Company owned (shared): Students configure and test shared device scenarios. Apps and content are distributed to the devices but users can’t personalize their device.
Scenario workshop: Students are given real-world deployment scenarios. Working in teams, they design a deployment that meets their scenario’s needs and then present their solution to the class.
Apple Certified Training
As a premier Apple Authorized Training Provider, The New IT is certified to deliver public and private Apple training for today's leading professionals who would like to enhance their skills and prepare for Apple certifications. We believe every individual and organization can become progressive achievers at the highest level. Master the Technology. Explore your possibilities.